EXPORT FLOOR PRICES IN COCONUT PRODUCTS SRI LANKA EXPERIENCE
Export Floor Prices for Coconut Products appear to have been introduced in Sri Lanka initially in the late 1960s. Maximising of foreign exchange earnings and prevention of under‑invoicing by shippers especially under a tight trade and exchange system at that time and also possible expectation of higher proceeds to millers and coconut producers, appear to have been the main considerations when Export Floor Prices were introduced for most of these Products.
2. Ceylon Chamber of Commerce Annual Reviews of Business and Trade 1981 1983
3. Coconut Development Authority Sri Lanka Annual Re¬views 1978 1984
4. Coconut Development Authority Sri Lanka Monthly Bul¬letins 1985 Jan Sept.
5. Jones, S.F. (1979) The World Market for Desiccated Coco¬nut Rep Trop Prod Inst. G 129 viii 91 pp.
6. Ministry of Coconut Industries Sri Lanka Coconut Statis¬tics 1981 – 1982.
7. Report of the Committee Appointed to Review the Policy Frarnework Applicable to the Coconut Industry in Sri Lanka; Wijeweera, Eswa¬rathasan and Jayawardena 1979 (Restricted).
8. Reuters Reports on International Coconut Prices – 1980-¬1984.
9. Sri Lanka Export Development Roard National Export Development Plan 1983 –1987.